Back to What's Happening


Nebraska Recovery and Assistance  Help with home cleanup, cutting trees, removing drywall, insulation, flooring, furniture and appliances or other physical labor-type jobs, call the Crisis Clean Up Hotline (833) 556-2476.

Nebraska Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) is coordinating volunteers from across the country to assist with cleanup. For more information, click here For those with other needs, such as food, shelter, clothing and personal goods, call 211.

For veterans affected by recent flooding in Nebraska, the Nebraska Veterans Aid (NVA) may be able to assist with food, clothing, and emergency housing (i.e. hotel accommodations). Additional information on the program is available here: Veterans should apply for NVA through their County Veteran Service Officer.

The Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) has put together a list of disaster relief resources for Nebraska farmers and ranchers seeking assistance due to severe weather. This list includes information about NDA’s Hay and Forage Hotline and programs from the Farm Service Agency. For information go to:

The Nebraska State Patrol (NSP) Highway Helpline is available 24 hours a day for motorists in need of assistance. Drivers can reach NSP by dialing *55 from any cell phone or 911 in an emergency.

source:  KETV .com